November 10, 2004

Payday - how sweet it is!

So, today was payday. I got my check and to my joy, they didn't take anything out for taxes. Tomorrow I will go get a bank account and deposit that lovely check into it. Yippee!! Now I can pay some bills, buy food and fly to Paris for the weekend (just kidding about the paying bill part. Okay. I am really just kidding about the Paris thing.)

Joy of Payday
by Mrs. Han Solo

I sit waiting.
Waiting for a golden coin.
Here she comes, with bundles of white.
Like the falling leaves of Autumn, she drops one onto my desk.
I grab it and tear it, like a hungry animal, my eyes wild with lust.
It laughs at me, for Uncle Sam it does not know.
I will embrace it fondly until the day of tomorrow.
Tomorrow will draw it into less safety than it is in my hands.
Tomorrow will bring peace and piece for me.
Joy.
Payday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaye, now that you have some mulah, don't forget those flannel lined pants from LL Bean? OH and those ice scrapers for your car.....I found that if you replace the windshield wiper fluid with the de-icer kind its like MAGIC!!
From Steph of Mammoth