November 04, 2004

No Traviata, but I do get the WB!

So Wednesday night, I didn't go to the opera. I just went home. However, before I did, I went to the aforementioned thrift store and bought a new cooking pot and pan. I paid a whole 53 cents! It was an exciting moment in my life.

When I got home, I realized that I really need to find things to fill up my evenings between 6 and 8pm. I am beginning to become a tv addict again. I look forward to watching tv. I was entranced by Nanny 911, a reality show that shows just how stupid and in need of training some parents are. It was a great show. I love kids and can't believe the crap that the parents of this show (mainly the mother) went through because she loved her kids so much. She wouldn't set boundaries with them, and they pushed her and pushed her. Thankfully at the end of the show, she became a changed woman, and (hopefully) better parent. I watched a bit of Wife Swap and then... then.... Well, one of my favorite shows, Smallville followed. I was SOOO excited. I thought I had lost the WB foever in Vermont. The Fox station plays a few hour block of WB shows. I LOVE IT! See/ I am turning into a tv addict. Boy, I need a social life. And soon. I even found myself crocheting. Not that there is anything wrong with crocheting, but it's not really what I set out to do when I came here to Vermont. But, back to my tv addiction. Tonight is the new season of the OC, which is like a 2004 version of Beverly Hills 90210. I am looking forward to that. But first, I will explore the East side of Burlington, starting at Kmart. I heard there is a Kmart around here. That is really thrilling.

This morning there was a layer of ice on my car. I don't think my car has had that much ice on it except maybe 6 other times. I need one of those icer-thingys. Kmart is calling. It might snow a bit tonight. That will be nice to see. People keep warning me about driving in the snow. I can't do anything about it until I am actually in the snow.

I really need to make some friends here. Not having a social life is killing me. I don't mind being alone, but I don't have anybody locally to hang out with. I love talking to my friends across the country, but that uses up phone minutes, which means big phone bills. Email is great, but it's not like hanging out with somebody for dinner and a movie, or at a house sipping tea or bowling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is something about the mundane that is totally fascinating. And you are a good writer. Both appeal to me because I also have a mundane life and I also write very well (at least I think so). Keep up the good work, Linda

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is something about the mundane that is totally fascinating. And you are a good writer. Both appeal to me because I also have a mundane life and I also write very well (at least I think so). Keep up the good work, Linda