November 05, 2004

No dough...no go...

Here's the thing. I have about $600 wrapped up in a retirement account from my temp agency I was with in MAY. When I opened up the mail from Doug yesterday, I found the document that shared this wonderful news with me. I called somebody from the firm today and I have to get some @#$%ing forms in the mail, fill them out and send them back. Then I am sure it will be three or four weeks before I get a little check in the mail. I can't wait!! I also have a check for a couple of hundred dollars from a California bank that I can't do anything with. Well, I suppose that isn't exactly true. I have options:
  1. I could open a local bank account and deposit the check there. Of course, I should probably do that anyhow. I would have a three day waiting period on the account, so I couldn't take out the money that I need this weekend. So I can wait on that one.
  2. I could mail the check back to California to deposit in my credit union there. That would probably take three days.
  3. I could find one of those check cashing places in Burlington, which would take 1/3 of the money for "processing."

Why oh, why didn't I set up a bank account earlier in the week? I have just screwed myself out of having a nice weekend with my friend in New Hampshire, since I don't even have the gas money to spend (unless I go with the aforementioned #3 option.)

Poop on a stick. Between the money situation and Arafat in a coma, I just want to stick my head in a hole and die. Okay, I am being dramatic about it, but if I wasn't dramatic, I wouldn't be me. So LAY OFF the criticism. There are always options, Mrs. Han Solo. Hey, that reminds me of a story...

My brother the teacher and head of his department at the high school where he teaches told me a funny. One semester, as he was creating the course schedules for his department he had a teacher that came up to him with a problem. Bob (my brother, not to be confused with Bob the landlord) had given each of the teachers a few different selections for their class schedules. The teacher approached him feeling very frustrated. He didn't like the schedule. He snapped at my brother something like,"You aren't being fair. You aren't giving me any choices. There are only options." Bwhaaahaahaa!!!!

The lesson for me is, don't be a dumb-ass. Think before you speak. We all have options AND choices in life. I choose the aforementioned #3 (check cashing place) to solve my problem.

No comments: