November 05, 2004

Here comes the weekend and what am I doing?

Not a whole heck of a lot.

I checked around the web, and couldn't find a check cashing place here. I am not exactly suprised. I suppose it is for the best. I can get out and explore the world around me without spending money. I will have to do that au pied, as to not use up gas foolishly. There is a park a about 1/2 mile from my apartment that I might have to check out. Downtown isn't too far away either. There is a place called Church Street, which is closed off like the 3rs Street Promenade in Santa Monica. I will explore that tomorrow and let you know what kinds of goodies I find. My friend Alex sent me an email about a good breakfast place for me to check out next week. All will be better after payday.

So, my friend Los gave me a book about odd places in Vermont to explore. I will have to take a look at that to see if there is anything local I can check out. There is always reading, but I need to be outside while the sun shines. I can read after dark. :-)

Work went well today. I had my first client contact. There is still so much to learn here. Lots of little pieces to the puzzle. I finished a diagram of the production flow. I feel pretty good about it. I got input from my team members, since they know the process and I am just learning it. I sent it to my supervisor for review.

I hope it snows tomorrow. That would be great. Now that I have a scraper, I am almost prepared for snow. I should go, as everybody else in my department has left for the weekend. More postings from the library this weekend...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Please open a checking account. You'll never feel like you live there if you don't have one. :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto on Stephanie's comment girl. Open that checking account.