January 24, 2005

Long time - no writings

It's been days. I had these plans for writing this past week, but I either didn't write during my breaks at work or was too pooped to get onto the computer after work to do it. Then I had great plans for writing this weekend, but obviously, didn't. So here I am on Monday. It's been a busy day. LA1, still a pain in the gazoink. When he calls me, he doesn't identify himself (because I guess he thinks we are the bestest friends? I know he lives near the Grove, has an infant son and never talks about the kid's mother. Let me remind you, dear readers, that he also invited me to 'drop by' the next time I was in LA to visit. Like that would EVER happen.) Today he says,"What? You don't love me anymore? You didn't call me Friday like you said you would," (maybe I said that Thursday, but according to my emails to him, I said I would speak with him Monday.) "And," he says, "You didn't call me and it is 3pm East Coast time!" (At this point, I would like to say a bunch of expletives, but I am trying to keep this rated-G.) He drives me crazy! Maybe I am secretly in love with him and want to be a mother to his poor son. Maybe I really want to move back to LA to be an online car dealer's wife. Maybe I would rather run around the -10 degree temperature in Burlington, Vermont wearing my birthday suit. I also thought there would be a longer reprieve from LA2, but sadly, that guy has come back into my client world again. I get to call him tomorrow. Yippee.

LAST THURSDAY
I watched my friend Angie, on the Apprentice, season 3. Though she wasn't in the show that much last week, it looks like she gets some good camera time this week. I am really excited to see the show. Though I have had two friends work behind the scenes of reality shows and another two on-camera for reality shows, this one will be more cutthroat and fun to watch.

FRIDAY
I expected to get some Netflix, but sadly, nothing came. I ended up watching some videos I had rented from the library. Nothing interesting to write about.

SATURDAY
I went to WW, and we were talking about checking in on how satisfied you feel when you eat. It was a good reminder to check in with myself when I am eating. Believe me, there are times I want to eat and eat, not because I am hungry, but because it is sitting in front of me and I like the taste of it. But if I would just sit back and let the food settle, and think about whether I am full or not, that might help. Then I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for chili chicken casserole, which is really yummy. I called Elissa and we went to see "In Good Company," starring Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace. It was an entertaining film. A good date or friend movie too. Elissa had to go after the movie, so I hung out in the theater lobby and waited for Carrie to show up so we could go see "Phantom of the Opera," starring a bunch of unknowns with some good actors supporting. The chick who played Christine sang really well. Minnie Driver was great. I thought the costumes and sets were really good too, but something just didn't set well with me. I suppose part of it is because Phantom was so hyped out when it was on stage that I became really tired of the hype. I also heard so much hype about the movie that actually seeing it, was a little deflating. Now, Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of the most famous living musical theater dudes. Some of his musicals I really love, even though he repeats his themes quite a bit throughout each musical. Evita is spectacular (the stage version, not the movie.) Maybe my problem is in simple expectation. I certainly didn't expect Michael Crawford to play the Phantom, but the dude who played it was too young and good looking (the good half of his face) Just not believable as a menace. That's my take on it. Please feel free to comment. After the movie, we went to Friendly's, which is a diner chain here. Pretty good diner food. We had a good time.

SUNDAY
Church was difficult as they were talking about abortion. It's a very touchy subject. They had started the service talking about the sanctity of life. I thought hey, this could be good. Then they focused it on abortion. Needless to say, I left feeling rather depressed. I suppose that is bound to happen every now and then. After that, I went off and did my laundry at ye old laundromat. Keep in mind that it is about -5 out. Brrrrr. I wish I had laundry facilities in my apartment. That would be awesome. I suppose I do. It's called the sink. ha ha ha. While the laundry was doing it's thing, I read. That's right. I actually read a BOOK! I am almost done with the Hobbit. I plan on exchanging that for one of the other ones my brother gave me two Christmases ago when I come to CA in May. After a quick 1.5 hours of laundrying, I came back home, ate lunch and napped. Then I washed my dishes (really exciting, as I had to expand the drying area to both sides of the sink (lots of dishes) and sorted the big pile of paper I had. I even filled out change of address forms for some of the businesses that are still writing to my PO box. I was sooo productive! I did get my fill of the Simpsons and Desparate Housewives.

MONDAY
A really busy day (see opening paragraph.) Now it is time to go home and get my evening's fill of TV. ha ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your comment on WW, about waiting to see if you're satisfied is sooo true. I have the same thing. If it's in front of me and it tastes good, I could eat until I burst.

You should elaborate more on what they said in Church (nothing builds an audience like controversy). What about the topic upset you? Personally, I don't favor abortion as a "choice." But I think it's wrong to tell a woman what she can and can't do.