January 11, 2005

Brad, work, dumb award shows, bachelorettes

BRAD
I am not seriously lamenting the break up of Brad and Jen, but I still think he should check out Burlington, Vermont.

WORK
Work is pretty busy, which is a good thing. My LA client said he loved me, which boils down to,"Thank you for your hard work." Whatever. He annoys me and I wish I was through with him. But there is plenty to do still for his site, so it ain't over yet.

DUMB AWARDS
I watched a little of the People's Choice the other week and caught a little of the Critic's Choice. Then there is the Golden Globes next week. Too many shows. Who really cares anyway? I was a fan of the Oscars until a) I worked there and b) They voted for The English Patient to win over Angels and Insects in the Best Costume department. (Don't ask me to explain to you why A&I should have won.) I will watch the Oscars and even perhaps the Golden Globes. But I ask you,"Why is Tara Reed continually presenting?" She is a bad actress. She is an idiot. I know, she is cute and is unpredictable. Just like the time a few weeks ago when she didn't realize that her breast had fallen out of her dress. She was so busy with her interview, her publicist had to slip her strap back on. Oopsie. She didn't know? My ass she didn't. Nobody can be THAT dumb, except for maybe Anna Nicole Smith.

BACHELORETTE
Last night was the two hour premiere of "The Bachelorette" on ABC. The chick was picked by Andew Firestone, when he did the Bachelor show, but the romance failed. So she is now back to find romance, for real this time. Sure. There is a great annoying man on the show. He is Fabreeze (not his real name) and he is arrogant AND French! What a great combo! I really don't know why she picked him, I suppose the show asked her to. There is also a bit of a stalker guy, who I am sure the show asked her to pick as well. Makes for great "reality" TV. I love it. More endless hours of bad, mind-rotting television for me. Yippee!

Lastly, I rented The Triplets of Belleville from Netflix. Didn't like it. The animation wasn't to my taste. Some of the characters were pretty good. I did like the lack of dialogue for an 80 minute movie. That was fine. And it also had a happy ending (pretty good for a French film.) But it lacked something. Now, don't go off thinking that I think every Disney movie is a masterpiece and all other animations should follow their style. There are plenty of non-Disney movies I like and plenty of Disney movies that I think suck. I suppose I shall make a list for you and post at a later time.

Hey! With my phone connection at home, I can now use dialup to post things! I might try that this week. We shall see.

Today's blog has been brought to you by the letter B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brought to you by the letter "B"?

Shouldn't it be Brad, Bad Awards, and Bachelorette, then?

And did you know that, in Japan, Brad is known as "Burapi"?