January 16, 2005

Games, modems, movies and responsive policemen

Friday night was the usual tv and videos. Nothing interesting to share, so let's move on.

Saturday morning I went to W2, saw that I gained 3 lbs (gained what I lost the week before) and went to the grocery store. Those two events aren't really related. I just go to the store on my way home from WW because it is on the way. However, this time I did some pretty poor shopping including cookie dough (for the game night - see below) and pie crusts (don't ask) and chips (even if they are baked and only 2 WWpoints) What am I thinking? I don't know. I think I am feeling a little lonely. I have never acknowledged food as a friend, but it really is. Not a good friend. Anyhoo, I spent the afternoon napping and then Carrie called about going to Elissa's for our game night. I thought I should get off of my butt and clean the apartment, so I did for a bit. It was invigorating. Who knew? I made the cookies (didn't eat any whist making them) and picked up Carrie at about 6:50. We stopped at Kmart so I could buy Cranium, which is a pretty fun group game. Then we went to Elissa and Rocky's house. They live north of Burlington. Elissa's friend Mark, who she worked with at the Teddy Bear Factory was there. Carrie and Mark had also brought games, so we had several to choose from. We played Scene It? and Cranium. Ate pizza from Zachary's. It was really fun. I am glad we did it. I am hoping to talk Elissa into doing it again. Who knows? Once a month? Different games with lots of people going at the same time? If only I had the room. In my place, I can sqeeze in three people, but that's about it.

Sunday
Today has been quite the day for slacking and being lazy. I didn't go to church, for shame. I have been doing nothing but watching tv and playing on the computer. Which brings me to movies. I rented a few videos from the library and had Netflix to watch. I saw another episode of Sharpe's Rifles, with Sean Bean and Elvira Magdian(sp) which was a Swedish film I have heard about for ages. the Sean Bean show was entertaining. I love those Brits! Elvira, on the other hand, was a love story that could have been so much better than it was. A man leaves his wife, children and deserts the army for a tight rope walker in the 1800s. Their lives are ruined and they run out of money and try to flee. They end up killing themselves because they feel they have no hope. And There is a scene where Elvira (aka Hedvig) sells a drawing of her made by some cripple at a coffee shop in Paris with the initials T.L. Hmm, who could that be? Gee, I dunno. Maybe Toluse Latrec? Golly! You are right! It was a film with potential that was short lived. Maybe the Americans would actually be able to make a better version of it. Who knows? I also set up my modem on my laptop for a local Burlington number. Unbeknownst to me, I also called 911. How did I know? Well, as I said, I have been really lazy today. Still in my pjs I was setting up the computer when I heard somebody at my landlord's door. Their friends never use the front door, only the side, so I was curious. I heard talking and then a knock on my front door. My landord called me through the common door we have at the base of my stairs. He said the cops were here for me. WHAT? I grabbed a sweater and went down the stairs to see. A cute (and young) officer asked me if this was house 54, which I told him it was. He asked if there was any trouble. I said no. He wanted to make sure because they had gotten a 911 call. I explained that I was trying to set up my computer and somehow it called. I appologized and he asked again if I was okay and if everything was alright. He left and I embarassed, explained to my landlords what happened.

It's now 4pm. That was the highlight for Sunday. The Golden Globes are on tonight, but I don't know if I will watch them. If Desparate Housewives is a repeat, I suppose I will watch the GG. It is just one more awards show to watch. I do plan on working Elissa and Rocky into co-hosting an Academy Awards show party at their house. Little do they know... (Of course, if they read my blog, they will know. ha ha ha)

But my modem works just fine, so I will be online on the weekends and in the evenings if you want to IM me (those of you who already know and have my IM)

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your computer called 911? Maybe it just hated the movie you were watching.

So, let's hear more about the cop. We all love a man in a uniform.