January 17, 2005

Bad mood

The thing about this particular blog tool, is that is doesn't have the mood smilies that one of the other ones does. I guess that means I need to express myself more texturally (that's not a real word, but I can't think of the word I mean. I guess I mean "in writing..."

1. Remember the LA client? Well, one of his compadres is leaving the ship and is starting his own company. Guess what? He is using our services to build his website. LA1 and LA2, they shall now be referred to. Luckily I didn't talk to LA1 today at all. He did manage to send me two emails over the weekend about his issues. Sigh. La2 seems calmer than LA1, but also a womanizer. Comments like "I like a woman like that," are insulting. Thankfully, my lack of manners and tact came into play. I was able to respond well to his comments. When he was focusing repeatedly on one issue regarding video (not in his contract), I told him,"You asked for cake, but no sprinkles. Now you want sprinkles. I am going to give you the cake and you've just gotta wait on the sprinkles. You want your cake now? Then you gotta hold off on the extra frosting and sprinkles." (Or something like that.) It made him back off. What is it with these guys? Sheesh! And my boss gave me another project to do. I am only up to 10. It's enough to keep me pretty busy though. But that conversation attributed to my grumpy mood.

2. I got a rather condescending email from one of my co-workers regarding an offsite project we were working on. An email went out to a few of us who might be interested in the aforementioned project. Some of us responded to ALL, including said co-worker. Said co-worker responded to my comments that was a request to bring in other people into the said project. Said co-worker's reply was rather condescending. Perhaps Said co-worker didn't mean it as such , but two of the people copied on it also felt Said c0-worker was rude. As there are people in this office reading this blog, I will be genderless and vague with the details. Those of you who got the email know what I am talking about. Okay. It's water under the bridge. Whatever. I have vented and feel a little better. I will feel much better after I vent verbally. In any event, it has now made me rather grumpy. I was just trying to make a friendly suggestion. No need to slam me down. Shame on you. Shame on you. If there was a smiley for sticking out my tongue, I would use it.

No comments: