February 24, 2006

Sometimes, Harrison Ford and his movies suck...

Last night started out well. I went with one of my co-workers to Asian Bistro, a yummy eatery in Williston (about 10 minutes from Burlington.) We then met up with Carrie to see Firewall, the latest Harrison Ford motion picture. Not so good. Typical story of average-rich-dude with "lovely family" held hostage so he can do THE THING for the bad guys (leader-with-accent) who then, after he does THE THING, renig on letting "lovely family" go (now in peril) so average-rich-dude must use his average-rich-wits to stump and get rid of said bad guys and save "lovely family". Directed by Richard Loncraine ("Wimbledon", "Richard III"), it could have been a good movie. I enjoyed those movies. Okay, there were a couple of nice twists in the story, but for the most part, it stank. The only really good things about the movie were Paul Bettany (the aforementioned leader-with-accent) and newcomer Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (who looks a bit like Sean Bean). Normally, I would have included HF in that list of oh-so-attractive men, but he seemed to yawn his way through some of the film. I heard he did most of his stunts, which I guess is pretty good for a 63 year old. But not enough to make me say "Wow, Harrison. I forgive you for dating a woman who is not only younger than ME, but is in the body of Calista Flockhart." Nope. Not enough.

I heard him say recently on a show that they were in pre-production for Indiana Jones IV. It's been almost 20 years since the last one. Can you believe that? There are people I work with who never had the joy of seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen. That is sad. I certainly hope that George Lucas won't be the main writer on this one. Otherwise, it may suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calista Flockhart

Date of birth
11 November 1964

Mrs. Han Solo said...

Okay. So I am wrong. She is a few years older than me. He's still old enough to be her FATHER. Ick.