February 27, 2006

Snow - glorious snow!


It snowed. Everything is nice and white again. I could do without the wind chill factor, but it's nice to drive about and see the lovely snow.

Saturday - Went to WW and lost 1.7lbs. yippee!! I don't know if it's the bowling or the dark chocolate, or working so much I am eating less. I am sure it's a nice combo. The cold that I have helps out too. After WW I did some napping then went to Company X for a couple of hours. Then it was off to the gstore. Nothing exciting happened at the gstore. In fact, it was kinda quiet towards the end of the evening, which was fine with me. I finished watching "Adam's Rib", a great George Cukor film starring Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn. Great dialog, witty banter, good cast, good directing. I really liked it.

Sunday - At church, there was a really great college choir that sang a few old spirituals. They were so good! I miss hearing live music. I think this summer, I will get more into going to hear things. I wish I had gone to the Mozart festival last year. One of the kids at the gstore is going to Austria with his German class this summer. I am so envious! After church, I was feeling really icky with the cold, so I napped instead of going to Company X. I worked at the gstore until 11pm. I managed to finish watching a really interesting documentary called "Murderball" before I went to bed. It's about a team of paraOlympic athletes who play quadrugby. It was really a great movie. Very inspiring. Not a woe-is-me kind of film. Really fascinating people.

No comments: