February 08, 2006

I know I said I wouldn't blog...

Last night I was watching Nightline. They were interviewing Myrlie Evers Williams, widow of slain civil rights activist, Medgar Evers. She was speaking about her close friendship with Coretta Scott King. It was really interesting and sad. Watching her, I thought about her son, Darryl, who I worked with at Warner Bros. He looked so much like his mother. Darryl was a really great guy. Artist, kind, intelligent, patient who loved to laugh and had a really warm smile. One of those people that you just want to be around because they are so cool and nice. Darryl passed away a few years ago from colon cancer. Though Myrlie didn't go into that too much, she did mention it. It made me sad. Darryl was a great guy. And Myrlie is an incredible woman, much like her dear friend, Coretta Scott King.

No comments: