January 24, 2006

Wishing I was in CA

Dad's in the hospital. It was a scheduled surgery for somethingorother, but yesterday I got a call on my phone from my mom to say he was in lots of pain. Last night I was able to speak with Mom and she was at the hospital saying Dad was doing better. I was able to talk with him. I asked him how this pain was compared to the kidney stones he had in the past (scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being you'd like to kill yourself to get rid of the pain.) He said it was 5 points higher than the kidney stones, which I know are super painful. Though I can send him my wishes for a speedy recovery and prayer, there's nothing I can do about it.

With my parents slow but continual failing health, it makes me want to go back to CA to be there for them and to help my brother. However, I really, really like Burlington and Vermont and there are lots of things about the job (Company X) that I really like and I have no plans to move back. Maybe I can get an openended ticket and fly out when I need to. I also have VeAnn and Michael's baby's arrival (convoluted sentence?) that I want and need to be there for.

Sigh. I know other people have very flexible schedules here. So maybe I can do that too. I do have the cats to consider. Time to look into long term pet care. At least for a few weeks (for whichever situation arises first....)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How is your dad now?