January 03, 2006

What part of "NO TOMATO" did you not understand?

I am lazy. I am so lazy, that when I forget to pack my lunch, I go downstairs to the restaurant to eat. It's a small place. A few months ago, the ownership changed hands. Though I appreciate the new owners making changes to the menu, sometimes I wonder what's their deal. How long have they been cooking? Were they working in non-food jobs they hated and decided to become restaruanteurs?

I went today for lunch. On the menu special it said "tuna melt". I asked,"Are their tomatoes?" The cook replied,"No, only if you want them." I shook my head vehemently and said,"No. No tomatoes." Later, I hear them discussing mustard. Which one to use... "...anything but the honey mustard..." So, I get my tuna melt and it has curry flavored mustard (ick) and

TOMATOES. Who puts CURRY in their mustard? Especially on a TUNA MELT? And what part of NO TOMATO did you not understand? Sheesh!

Lesson: DON'T EAT DOWNSTAIRS. If you are THAT lazy, at least grab your coat and go across the street for their overpriced (but tasty) food.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have to admit that I like curry flavored tuna (mostly because it covers the smell of the tuna), but I always thought it was a west coast thing (orewan, for example, has both kinds of tuna). But for the love of allergies, they should not have given you tomatoes!