January 17, 2006

My exciting life

Yesterday morning when I left for work I had started the ol' crockpot witha chicken chili recipe from a little booklet I picked up at the gstore. I am tired of bland, boring meals for one. I figured this might be a way to change that. And you know, it turned out to be pretty tasty.

Things at Company X have been a little slow, as we are waiting on projects tocome from our billing department. We have a new tool that will be done in timefor the trade show that I have been able to help test. It's been a good use of my time. I don't think I ever want to be permanently in a QA job ever again, butthis is refreshing from the usual project thing. I had a good chat with a fewof the ladies here who want to start up a WW in the building. I think that wouldbe a good idea. One of them has complained about gaining 35 lbs since she started. (Sounds familiar!) So, we went to the gstore to get our lunch. Though I did get asalad, I also opted for the broccoli-cheese soup. It was really good and I endedup not eating the salad. shame on me. Shame.

I was able to leave on time, which was also a nice change. So I got home with plansto watch the soap, eat dinner and go see Munich. After the second thing on the list,I decided against the movie mostly because I was comfy in my chair. I was also entrancedby one of those wife-swapping shows. This is the one where they live with the family for two weeks. The swell thing about that episode is that both familiesreally benefited from each other's mother. Awe. That's nice. In addition to that exciting tv, I caught a bit of the Golden Globes. Being in a state/city that doesn't really give a rat's ass about Hollywood or things of that nature, I was surprised that the Golden Globes were actually televised. So manyof the speeches were really funny. It was one of the more entertaining awards shows I have seen. I don't think they even have a real host. Seems like it's just one presenter after another.No music clips, no dance numbers. I don't think they even do a "rememberance" thing. Keepit simple. I do miss working on the Oscars a little bit.

After the exciting bit of television viewing, I settled down with a book I borrowed from Stephanie O. - Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal It's a funny, albeit irreverant look at Christ's life through the eyes of his childhood friend, Biff.

Well tonight I work at the gstore, but with most of the Orange Alerts back in school,I can't imagine that it will be too exciting. Maybe they will let me make the closing announcement as a Valley Girl like I did the other night?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you were amazing with that closing announcement. It was like, totally inspiring and what not. ;)