January 31, 2006

Groundhog, shmoundhog

Just now in the office the matter of Groundhog Day came up.

Me: It's already past. Wasn't it last week?

Them (consisting of Skywalker, Princess, Jesse, Tim): No! It's Thursday!

Me: Uh, I guess not. Jump back y'all East Coasters! Some people don't put much merit into that.

Jesse: Well, some people just don't get the importance of it.

Basically, these Easterners tried to smack me down, put me in my place. I won't hear of that. No siiirrreeeee.

I know what it is. I know why it is. I just don't think it's a reliable source of predicting weather. Anyhow, he's now a media patsy. I mean, have you ever seen such a tame groundhog? I am sure he's living the high life when he isn't in his supposed "hole" waiting to see his shadow and run. Then again, he's so chunky, he can't run away from his shadow even if he saw it. And just how long do groundhogs live? You can't tell me Punxsutawney Phil is over 100 years old. Sea turtles, sure. Even lobsters. But Punxsutawney Phil? Nope. I don't believe it.

Here's the official website: http://www.groundhog.org/

Here's the movie info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love Groundhog Day (the movie!) I've seen it ten times or more.

Sounds like you survived the East Coast smackdown intact.