March 12, 2005

What an exciting Saturday!

I went to WW per usual. Lost one of the pounds I gained the week before. Sigh. Then I went to Essex Junction where I took my car in for an oil change. It has been over three months since I went. The dude asked me why I was coming in since I was under 1,000 miles. Uh, hello? Isn't the rule of thumb that you take the car in every 3,000 OR three months, whichever one comes in first? DUH! Anyhow, after that excitement (I have oil leaks too, not too excited about that because that leads to trouble...) I went to Sam's Unfinished Furniture. I am on the quest for a desk. I can type with the laptop on my lap or tv tray, but I really need a desk where I can do desky things. I found what I wanted, but am not at the price level of it yet. It is called a postmaster's desk. I found a student desk at a thrift store, that I just might buy and refurbish, if it isn't particle board. Anyhooo, I was also on a quest to find a cd rack. AND I DID! It is pine and holds about 225 CDs which should suffice. I spent more on that than I would have liked, but it is a good piece that I would keep around. It's so hard for me to fancy up my apartment. On one hand, I want to have a place that I feel comfortable in, on the other hand, I am cheap. I don't want to invest lots of money in things. I have a bunch of crap in storage that is just sitting there. What about that stuff? (Don't worry, I have plans to eliminate.) I digress....

After the exciting furniture purchase, I went to Costco and bought strawberries, pita chips and a great Bette Midler CD. She sings Rosemary Clooney tunes. I really like it, and it was pretty cheap!! After THAT (I know, so much excitement already) I had lunch with Tom at Tortilla Flat. I was hoping it would be delicious Mexican food. Well, it wasn't. VERY mediocre. Sad that people in the East don't know the joys of great guac, good salsa and creamy, smooth flan. Maybe that's really my purpose here. To bring that to Vermont. ha ha ha! We had a good time, even with the blah food. I went to work for a couple of hours to set up one of my new clients. I am really glad I did that. It will help me on Monday. I could have tried to do it from home, but I don't want home to be my office, unless I have to. I then came home and did my regular grocery shopping. I have to do laundry tomorrow, that's for sure. I have watched a couple of movies and was just channel flipping when I thought I should take a blog moment so you can share with me this exciting day.

I almost forgot one of the most exciting things... Sparky has clean water! I changed that this evening. Much more exciting than doing dishes (which I must do tomorrow as well.)

Time for bed. All of this excitement has made me so tired.

No comments: