March 02, 2005

Feeling better and Oscar weekend stuff and the Psychic...

I am feeling much better. I think yesterday, being Monday and having sooo much to do was a little overwhelming. I also was feeling a bit crampy. That never helps the situation. We were having network problems, which sssslllooowwwed things down in a very unproductive way. All is well now.

This past weekend was pretty good. I did errands on Saturday to prepare for the Oscar party on Sunday. I didn't get around to seeing Million Dollar Baby, but Carrie and I saw Hitch. It was entertaining. I enjoyed it.

Sunday - I did more Oscar errands in the morning and early afternoon. Carrie came over at about 6ish and we went over to Elissa and Rocky's house to set up. We decorated the house with gold stars and I had the Madonna dressing room sign up too. (Why I brought it with me to Vermont, I don't know. Maybe it was just for the party.) Elissa's friend Mark came over and helped set up. Later, Greg from work came. There was lots and lots of food. (It wouldn't be a Mrs. Han Solo party without that!) We had lots of kinds of dip, crackers, chips, strawberries and whipped cream, chocolate sauce, cookies, chocolate pie, cheeses, veggies, drinks etc. During commercials, I asked trivia questions or did charades for which the winner would get an Oscar buck. The Oscar buck was a little picture of the poster, about an inch or two in size. Periodically, I would pass out prizes for the most/least bucks, who got the winning award question right, etc. I had some pretty good prizes if I do say so myself - popcorn, Blockbuster gift cards, puzzles, candy, coffee gift cards. I think everybody had a really good time. I know I did. It was fun. See all of the attendees?


And here's Elissa - She was a superhero.

I am thinking that next year, I will do it big time - get the city of Burlington to co-host. If they sponsored it, we could do it at a hotel with entry fees for charity. It might clash with Mardi Gras, but maybe we could combine the two. Who knows. Think big.

My friend Heather works for Leeza Gibbon's production company. Leeza does a radio show in Los Angeles and pre-records it. Last week, they had a psychic on. Heather suggested I call in. I did and asked Laura the psychic two questions. The first question was if living in Vermont was the right place for me to be and about my writing. She said that it was the perfect place for me to be right now in my life, and eventually I will return to Los Angeles. I then asked her about my love life. As Han Solo is the only man for me, I don't even need to go into details on that one. When her predictions come true, I will let you know. Of course, it is just the power of suggestion. It was fun. I even got a couple of other people to call in.

Lunch is over. Back to work.

No comments: