March 09, 2005

Did your mama ever tell you...

...boring is as boring does? Only bored people are boring. I know, dumb, isn't it?

I have soooo much work to do today. I am taking a brief lunch break to blog. I hear that people can get fired for blogging. I just would hope that my company would at least warn me about blogging before the firing.

Anyhoooo, last couple of days I really haven't had anything to write about. I keep forgetting to blog at home with that Robert McNamara quote. It's a guudun. What have I been up to the last few days? Nothing really. I did go with Elissa to see The Merchant of Venice, starring Al Pachino, Jeremy Irons and Joseph Fiennes. I have to say that Jeremy and Joseph were pretty good. I don't think I have ever read the Shakespearian drama. I know of Shylock and Portia. I have to say that I thought Al sucked as Shylock. I was waiting for him to say something like,"Say hello to my little friend," whist whipping out a knife or something. The character, Shylock, has a couple of really great monologues. Al sucked. It was almost comical. So sad. But the story was really interesting. I also thought the sets, costumes and music were good.

Work is pretty busy. Better busy than slow, but it does get to the point where I feel guilty if I go home after the regular 8 hours. This is the life at an internet company. People tend to work 10 hours a day easily. I know that if I feel poopy or tired, I will go home and not work extra hours. I do take care of myself that way. But most of the time, I have nothing better to do than work, so I work. That will change soon. I am trying to get a copy of Final Draft (either from Doug or Ebay) so I can work on my screenplays. I had thoughts of one last night. It starts of with two teenage girls talking on the phone. You can't see where one of them is calling exactly. Kinda like Heavenly Creatures, one of the girls murders her mother. But that's all I have for now. If I tell you more, I won't end up writing about it.

Sadly, lunch is over. I have to get back to work. More blogging tonight. Oh, tomorrow is Bowling Night. That should be exciting. I think we bowl until the first week of May. Yippee!!

Another perk this week is it will be payday Thursday. That is a beautiful thing. I will pay my car registration (still in California) and maybe, finally buy a printer and the plane ticket to CA. Gas prices just shot up, so I might wait another few weeks. We shall see. I heard rumor that Jet Blue will have flights to Burbank. I just hope they fly out of Burlington to Burbank. I am sure they will fly from New York or Newark.

What to do this weekend? Maybe go to Stowe. I heard we will have snow this weekend. Snow in Stowe = good times.

No comments: