March 17, 2005

Briefly on Fiddler, sunshine,food and St. Patrick's Day

Sunday

After church, I did some errands about town and watched some DVDs. Then I went to the Flynn Theater to see the traveling Broadway cast performance of Fiddler on the Roof. The main dude who played Tevia, has done over 2,500 performances of that role. Whew! Though it seemed like he was walking through the part from time to time, everybody else (except for the beggar) was really great. They had a small band, which was fine. The costumes and sets were good. I really enjoyed it. The Flynn theater is about the size of one of those big theaters at the Cineplex Odeon at Universal. Not as big as the Kodak, or the Pantages. Maybe about the size of the El Capitan. It was made in 1930 and was originally used as a vaudville theater. It was a movie theater for about 50 years and then turned back into a regular theater. Audra MacDonald is performing there in a few weeks. I really want to go see her.

Monday
I JOINED THE YMCA! I WENT SWIMMING! The plan is to go 3-4 times a week and work up to 5-6. I really loved being in the water. It was so refreshing.

Tuesday
Elissa came over after work and I showed her how to crochet. (Being the expert that I am. ha ha ha ) We had a good time. I made rotini with Paul Newman's sauce (and added onions and mushrooms.) It was sooo good. So good in fact, that I had it Wednesday and Thursday for lunch! ha ha!

Wednesday
I stayed at work until 8:30. Why, you ask? SOOO much to do. I was glad I stayed. I made quite a bit of progress. Funny thing in this office (and I guess in every office) is how communication can always be improved. Our company rolled out a new thingamagig (for sales and support to promote) before telling support they were doing it. Support knew that it was coming, but all of a sudden they started getting calls about it and some of them had no idea how to help the clients because they hadn't been told how it worked. I also found out we have a fax machine upstairs (near our area) that has been working for a month now and nobody told anybody in my department (it would have been useful.) I rarely talk about work because I know some of you are my co-workers reading this. I just was frustrated with the lack of communication and needed to express myself.

Thursday - It's St. Patrick's Day!!!
I started off the morning in the office by speaking in a pretty awful Irish accent. However, it was well recieved. I think Tom felt it would cause his Irish brother-in-law a stroke, because it was so bad. I LOVE IT!

Today is a gorgeous, sunny day with clear, blue skies. I mailed off my tax return and had my window down while I drove in the 36 degree weather. It felt so nice out. I am excited to see Spring. Did I mention how lovely it was feeling the sunshine? Ah, so dreamy!!!!

Tonight is bowling.

No comments: