April 18, 2007

What not to say when somebody has been ill...

A co-worker who was out sick a couple of days just had an odd conversation with another co-worker. I thought it was worthy to blog.

Friend: wow, ODDBALL* is such a sweet girl
Friend: i just ran into her in the bathroom and she was like "whoa, are you ok?"
Friend: to which i replied, "yes, i've just been sick, i'm not quite myself yet"
Friend: and she goes "oh. ok. .... did you just throw up?"
Friend: me: "uh, no."
Friend: her: "oh, cause you look like you just threw up."
Friend: me internally: "wow, thanks bitch, that was a great way to tell me i look like shit!" me externally: "nope."
Me: ohmigawd
Me: what the hell?
Me: I need to see this for myself
*ODDBALL - changed to protect her identity

NOTE: Friend looked fine. A little tired, but fine. What kind of person says "...you look like you just threw up?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my god the people you work with are soooo RUDE!

:)