April 06, 2007

Things that go bump in the night...

I have trouble sleeping. There are several reasons why.
  1. I stay up too late
  2. I sleep on a matress on the floor, which isn't the most comfortable
  3. My cat Sammy, the bulemic, keeps me up or gets me up
  4. Dust
  5. Sounds on the street (snow plows, neighbors, birds)
  6. Health (my weight, nasal passages, allergies etc.)

With that said, I toss and turn throughout the night. I will wake up, turn over, sleep. I will wake up, be thirsty, get a drink (by the bed) and sleep. Cat jumps on me, I wake up, push cat off, sleep. Sometimes I talk in my sleep. But last night, I woke up at 5am hearing a building door slam shut. In my haze, I thought it was my landlord either opening the door or coming in (I am upstairs from them and we have a connecting door.) I opened my eyes and said something like, "I'll be right there. Hold on a second!" I had the full intension of getting out of bed to open the door for them, or whoever it was. But I promptly fell back asleep. Freakin' weird. I heard about people on some medication who sleep drive. That would be me, I know it.

No comments: