April 03, 2007

How I love Target

Saturday, I drove about 2 hours to Target in New York. Vermont is the only state besides ALASKA and HAWAII that doesn't have a Target store. What kind of backwards place is this to not have a freakin' TARGET? They have Evil Walmart here, but not a TARGET?

Anyhow, back to my story. I picked up Stephanie and we had a delightful drive down Vermont, across to New York and down a bit just before Saratoga Springs. There was a nice sized mall, where the lovely Target lives. We walked through it to get to the food court. There, before us, was an Arby's (yet ANOTHER company not in Vermont) where I endulged my senses with a Beef 'n' Chedder. It was so delicious. We walked around the mall for a bit before reaching our destination.

Why drive over an hour and a half to a store that has merchandise similar to a Walmart or Kmart? Because it is SIMILAR but NOT the same. Target has much better prices and quality than either of those places. Plus it is a little bit of home for me. I spent about $150, which was about what I expected to spend. I managed to get some necessary things and some treats. I also got a baby present for my friend Sarah's new son, Logan. That was a good score. We had a great drive back. Stephanie and I have very compatible tastes in music and her Ipod was a nice treat.

Oh, how I love Target. Sigh.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

And Target is better (though not great) about sweatshop and human rights abuses:

http://www.coopamerica.org/programs/sweatshops/scorecard.cfm

Unknown said...

oh sweet target, we really need to get one of those around here! although, it was a lovely day for a drive and not at all a bad drive... unlike trying to do it today.

freakin snow!