April 13, 2007

Jasime and Aladdin - Drama at the g-store

I arrived at the g-store about 10 minutes to 7pm. When I got into the breakroom, I saw Jasmine and Aladdinon their way there as well. Once they got inside, I took a glance at the clock on the wall and on my phone. It was 6:53. I clocked in and got downstairs at 7pm. I checked the schedule to see when Jasmine was due back. It said 7pm. Now, I don't care if people take a 20 minute break. It always takes a couple of minutes to get to the breakroom and back, especially if you have to buy snacks. Even with Jasmine, who is notoriously late, I have no problems with a 20 minute break. But she's been talked to before. She knew she had to relieve somebody so they could take their break. One of the clerks asked me if she should be paged. I said, "No. She knows when she is suppose to be back. Let's see what she does." After about 15 minutes, I could see her at the end of the store talking to her mother who works in another department. Jasime could see me watching her. I did nothing. I figured Jasmine would eventually come back. And she did. 40 minutes after her break had been over!

While Jasmine was gabbing with Aladdin and her mom, I asked the PM if I could send Jasmine home for being late. The PM fully supported my decision. So, when Jasmine came back, I pulled her aside to talk to her. I said, "Jasmine, I am really bothered by something. You are 40 minutes late from your break. Because of this, I need you to clock out and go home." She looked at me with almost a vacant expression and said,"Oh. Okay." Jasmine promptly turned around and clocked out.

Aladdin finds out and is furious with me. He finds the PM and yells at her to fire me. FIRE ME? ARE YOU KIDDING? Here's a rough interpretation of what happened:
Aladdin: You've got to do something about MHS.
PM: What are you talking about?
Aladdin: You've got to fire her.
PM: Fire her? For what?
Aladding: Because she sent Jasmine home. You have more authority than she does. Fire her.
PM: No. I am not going to fire her.
Aladding: But she can't do that!
PM: Yes she can. Every department runs differently. She came to me about it, and I fully support her decision.
Aladdin: But can't you tell Jasime to just clock back in and work in my department?
PM: No. She doesn't work when she is here, and I can't and won't do that.
(Aladdin storms away, but returns shortly.)
Aladdin: I am going to tell HR on her. She can't do that.
PM: It won't do you any good.
(Aladding huffs off in anger, only to return again.)
Aladdin: I know what MHS's problem is. She's jealous.
PM: Excuse me?
Aladdin: She's jealous because she doesn't have anybody to hug or cuddle during her breaks.

(ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm, ridiculous.

Stephanie said...

The g-store reminds me of fifth grade. Maybe fourth.

Writergrrl said...

I hope you're taking lots of notes, 'cause this is a sitcom in the making.