April 05, 2007

April showers bring what - SNOW, did you say?

It's April. It's suppose to bring showers of RAIN, not SNOW. What the heck? Being the flatliner or whatever they call those of us from out of state, I thought that maybe we were over the snow.
Nope. Still snowing. This is what I woke up to. Sure, it's mostly slush now, but it is deffinately snowing. Has been almost all day.


Please come soon Mr. Sunshine. I need you. We need you. Stephanie told me that her dad remembers an entire year where it snowed every month. If that happens, I am moving immediately.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

we call you flatLANDERS, as in coming from land without mountains. well we feel the need to make fun of you, we don't feel the need to call you dead, flatliners. :)

Mrs. Han Solo said...

{Editor's Note: As it is more humorous to leave in my error than correct it, I thought I should just comment on Stephanie's comment.} Stephanie, I come from a land where we have mountains, so therefore, I am NOT and will NEVER be a flatLANDER. In fact, Mt. Whitney in California is the highest point in the contiguous 48 states. So - HA!

Unknown said...

if i may refer you to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatlanders
you'll see the term is used all around the country in a mirade of ways but specific to VT --

"In Vermont and northern New Hampshire, a flatlander is any non-native, but particularly one from southern New England (including Massachusetts), downstate New York, or New Jersey, and very particularly one who has recently moved to Vermont or northern New Hampshire and would prefer that the state change to better accommodate newcomers, rather than the other way around."

we don't get a lot of CA transplants so, to be fair, we were unprepared for you.

Writergrrl said...

Don't worry, the weather has been pretty iffy out here in LaLa land too. June-gloomy days in April and nippy winds that have the palm trees a-blowin'. That global warming thing should kick in soon.

Unknown said...

i mentioned your "flatliner" comment at my family's easter celebration. the infamous Frank Bryan thought that was a hoot! :)