March 13, 2007

Two unrelated issues - Swimming and VAGINA

Issue 1: I went to the gym this morning and swam for the first time in MONTHS. It was awesome. Why I am such an idiot who forgets how much I like to swim, I don't know. The only thing I can say is that Evil Kdar got her ass kicked this morning by Sporty Girl.

Issue 2. VAGINA, VAGINA, VAGINA
Story: Girls suspended for reciting from the play, The Vagina Monologues. WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY? That's right. They said the word "vagina". OMIGAWD. Call the police! Put those rebels in juvenile hall! They will probably grow up to be prostitutes anyhow. What godless parents those poor, wayward children must have.

Here are my thoughts. The principal said they were told not to say it. I am not into censoring, but if the teacher/principal felt the word was inappropriate, why allow them to read from it at all? And if they were allowed to read from it, as indicated in the article, it's called THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES. It's about what? Oh? You say women and... possibly... VAGINAS? I am glad the author of the play is participating with dialogue between the members of this stupid drama.

No comments: