March 12, 2007

40 - the obsession

I will turn 40 in May. I have never been the kind of girl who is afraid to share my age. You are how old you are. However, with the upcoming monumental marker of 40, I have been obsessing on it.

The kids at the g-store are all young enough to be my kids, whether I would be a teenage ma or not. Out of the 104ish employees at Company X, only 1 is the same age as I am, and 11 are older than I am. I just find that interesting.

Did I mention I was obsessed with turning 40? I think about it every day. I know I can't go back or change anything. It's not the number that bothers me. I think it's filled with various levels of expectations not reached.

40

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think lots of folks find it to be a milestone of sorts. But think of all that you have done. You should be very proud.

Mrs. Han Solo said...

It's hard to think about that when I think about the things I wanted to achieve by this point in my life. I fluctuate between the positive and the negative. I know I should focus more on the positve, but hard some days. Plus, there are the social standards that I haven't followed - I am not married nor do I have kids. Those in particular aren't that much of an issue for me, but when I obsess, they enter my mind once in a while. Nothing that a little therapy won't cure!