March 21, 2007

Long day, homeless or crazy guy in the bathroom

Here are two things not related.

1. I have worked today at Company X for 13 hours. I had sworn I wouldn't ever do that again after Client Flintstone. So I lied. There is so much work to do and my little ADD brain is having a hard time with it. I would ask for help, but don't know exactly what help to ask for. Most of my clients are launching next week and I have to bust a move on getting their sites done. One of them I found out today, needs some big work. That's why I am still in the office. At least tomorrow I have the g-store and will have to leave by 6:30. But I feel I should come in at 7am to get things moving. We will see how wired I am when I get home. Tomorrow morning may not happen as planned.

2. So my co-worker Scott and I walk out towards the bathroom. He opens the door of the men's bathroom because there is a sickening sweet smell in there he wants me to help identify. He opens the door and.... there he is.... a man slumped on the floor of the men's stall. He was sraggly, with a beard. About 40ish (hard to tell) with raggedy clothes and a plastic bag. Scott went over to him and he didn't move. He asked him repeatedly if he needed help. Finally some mumblings. The man moved a little. I got Mark to go help Scott. A couple of minutes later, the man is stumbling in the hallway like a drunk person. He was continuing to mumble and had a huge knot on his head (probably from the fall). He said he was really tired and something about a couple of drinks. I offered a ride (taxi) or to call somebody. He declined. Said he was okay and would manage to get down the stairs. He slipped and fell a few times. Then Mark came back to tell us he called somebody (the police.) As Mark and Scott walked the man downstairs he said something about having an epileptic fit. He didn't smell of alcohol, but was really wobbly. When the ambulance and police came, he said to Mark that they knew him. They said they did and took him away. To where, I don't know. It was high drama. Strange thing though, he had a bicycle with him that he had ridden to our office building. Go figure. Maybe our bathrooms are really nice? A couple of the guys said they had seen him around here before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

holy crackers, i can't believe i missed out on all that excitement

annnnnd....

i am sooo pestering the heck out of every night from now on, no more 13 hour days!!! ever!