August 05, 2005

Sometimes I am one of the smartest people I know...

Let's face it. I am good at brainstorming and coming up with ideas. That's not conceited. That's a fact. So when I come across people who don't know how to use their out-of-the-box thinking skills (I am not talking about being analytical - I don't have much of that in my head) it bugs the crap out of me. I understand if you are unfamiliar with a particular process, way of doing something, and might have lived a very sheltered life. But when you are my age and you have no idea how to even ASK the questions to find out what you need to know, it drives me crazy. Back to being sheltered.... I get it if you have never had the experience - how to boil water, how to renew your license, what to do if you have a flat tire, but THINK, DAMNIT. You have a brain, which obviously you don't use much of.

Of course, you may wonder why I am on such a seemingly hostile tangent. I can't give you specific examples. I just know several people who just don't have the know-how to trouble shoot (I guess it IS analytical!) their problems and issues. It's sad. If you are 20, that's fine. You are young and haven't honed in on that part of your brain. I am not talking to your age group.

Whew! I could go on, but it wouldn't really be productive. I have to get back to work anyhow. I just needed to let off some steam.

I am not saying these people are stupid, but I just don't get how you can NOT KNOW or NOT KNOW HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS!

(Boy, after Client D, I REALLY need a vacation...)

1 comment:

wehotom said...

Mrs. Han Solo: Female genius!!