August 17, 2005

Four states, two friends and a partridge in a pear tree…

Friday
Friday after work, I was able to shut my work life down. I went to the movies with Meg and Wick to see “The Dukes of Hazzard”. Though it wasn’t top on my list of films, I have un piquito crush on Johnny Knoxville, who played Luke Duke. Sean William Scott played Bo. He looks like almost a dead ringer for a college friend, Steve. (One of the Four Steves, for those of you who know what I am talking about.) But he ain't no John Schneider. And, it starred the brilliant, Oscar-caliber actress and singer, Jessica Simpson. I am sure the close pans up and down Daisy Duke had nothing to do with her body and everything to do with her mind. What acting! It had lots of car chases with the General Lee. I remember a couple of years ago seeing about 4 General Lees on a flatbed truck in Hollywood. I couldn’t believe that some studio actually thought making “The Dukes of Hazzard” into a movie. What ever happened to creativity? In any event, we had a good time. Rick and his wife were sitting behind us.

Saturday
After a better controlled and balanced week, I had success at WW. 3lbs! Yippee! I came home and packed up a few things before heading to New Hampshire to hang out with Sherri. It took me about 3.5-4 hours to get there. I met her at her office in Portsmouth. We decided to do some errands (she is evil that way and compels me through ESP mind control to spend money whenever I am with her…) and then went to Maine. That’s right. I said MAINE. Actually, Portsmouth is pretty close to the border. We ended up in a town called York, where we ate at The Lobster Barn. It was a goal of mine (no matter how silly it may sound) to eat Maine lobster in Maine. I also had some delicious chowdah. It was a very yummy meal. We went back to Sherri’s house in North Hampton, which is south of Portsmouth. I think we were up until about 1am chatting.



Sunday
I got up early to let out Sis (the cat) and couldn’t really go back to sleep because we had a big day ahead of us. We ate breakfast (cheap, thanks to the Entertainment book) at a restaurant/hotel buffet. OMIGAWD. Again, with the tasty food. So much for the 3lbs. I think I must have eaten that much at the buffet. Buffets and WW are not friendly things that easily go hand in hand. But it was very filling. We came back to the house and changed for the beach. She lives about half a mile from the beach. It was a nice stroll, overcast and hazy sun. We planted ourselves and attempted to get into the ocean. It was damn cold. Sherri said that it gets warmer in September and October. I might have to try it again. Still, it was so incredibly rejuvenating to be at a beach. Peaceful. Very comforting. We hung out there for a few hours.

On the way back, I thought about ditching my earlier idea about going to Trader Joes. But after more thought, I knew I had to go. Sherri opted to go to her boyfriend’s house, so I ventured into yet another state – Massechucetts. It took about 30 minutes and rained heavily most of the time. I made it successfully to the store and shopped to my heart’s content. I bought some things I had never tried before, like one of their instant packaged no-refrigeration Indian dishes. Of course I also bought my favorite grapefruit soda. I love that stuff. The drive home to Burlington was very rainy. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn’t driving. It was very distracting. I love watching the big, huge raindrops smash like suicide troops against the windshield. Plop, plop, plop everywhere. The visibility at times was very low with the rain and mist swarming all over. It also made the drive longer. I think I got home around 10:15. I talked with Gail and my family for a bit and went to bed. I was pooped.

Monday-Tuesday
Back to work on Monday I was very tired. I had such a lovely weekend that the thought of working was a real downer. Both yesterday and today were really busy. I still had Client D to deal with here and there. I worked late both nights. I really need to stop that. If I walk to work tomorrow, I will leave earlier. That’s the plan anyway. I watched Rock Star tonight. I thought Ty did a good job. I like Mig’s and Jordis’ performances. I think JD is an ass.

No comments: