August 21, 2005

How the week flies by...

This was a really uneventful week, which is fine. Busy at work. I am still dealing with Client D, but should be done with him by the end of this coming week. Then Elissa gets to have him. I worked on launching a few clients, and even had the opportunity to talk with Client P. If you recall, she's the new crazy one I have, who thinks we need to cater to her every whim. I spoke with her on Thursday and we had a really great conversation. I was shocked. I think I was reeling for about an hour after I spoke with her because the call had gone so well. Go figure. Tom says it was because I was straightforward, and to the point. I didn't let her push me around. Yippee for me!

I watched a few Netflix movies - Avanti and The Machinist. Avanti stars Jack Lemon as a unhappily married man who goes to Italy to claim his deceased father's remains. He meets the daughter of a woman who had a long time affair with his father. They fall in love, have sex and the ending clearly leaves them open to return to their passion every summer like their parents. Blech. It was directed by Billy Wilder, who wrote such greats as The Seven Year Itch, Some Like It Hot, Stalag 17 and Sunset Boulevard, to name a few. The story was not to my liking, but I have issues with infidelity, even if it is a comedy. Acting was fine, and I thought it had some good dialogue. The Machinist was a far cry from comedy. Christian Bale pulled a DeNiro, and lost a HUGE amount of weight for the role. He admitted later, he went too far. The Director, Brad Anderson, had suggested they thin him out with special effects, but he chose to lose weight. Christian Bale has had some winner films (Empire of the Sun, American Psycho) and some not so good (Reign of Fire, Equilibrium), but I still like him. It was really hard to watch him in this film because he was so deathly thin. But it made it work. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Though, I kept wanting him or somebody to get him some help (he's an insomniac who hasn't slept in over a year.) Wow. It ain't no Avanti! that's for sure.

It is now the weekend. There are a few things to blog about, but I want to be sure to add a picture or two to the story, so it will have to wait.

No comments: