August 28, 2005

Not much blogging to be had...

If you thought with the end of Client D on my project list I would be as free as a bird to flit around and sing Disney tunes, you are very much mistaken. I can still sing Disney tunes (much to the chagrin of my co-workers) but I still have traces of Client D around. I also have plenty of other things on my plate.

The week went by pretty quickly. Earlier in the week, I gave one of my co-workers a ride home to his neighborhood which is about 30 miles from Burlington. I had never been in that part of the state, so I thought it would be a good op. He showed me the fancy houses by the lake, some lovely marshlands, fields and trees. There was a house for sale that we got a flyer from. It is a 5 bedroom, one bath, TLC (which spells MONEY PIT) on about 2 acres of land. Guess much? $825k!!!! Can you believe it? Granted, if it was LA, it would go for at least $1Million. What a bargain! Not! My co-worker and his wife live about a block from the lake in a cute little white house. They have some apple trees in their backyard. It's really beautiful there. I understand why people WANT to live outside of the hustle and bustle of the big city. Oh, I also bought some liquid iron and vitamin B supplements. I had gone to donate blood and was rejected because my iron levels were low. I need to pump it up. I will try again after it-who-cannot-be-named passes. I was really bummed, but I know I can try again.

I rented movies from the library and watched a couple of corset dramas and watched in horror as Ty was bumped to the bottom 3 on Rock Star: INXS. He had done such a great job the day before! I think Dave Navarro was actually suprised at that as well. Thankfully, the band kept him in. I really am thinking that JD will win because he struts around half naked, is white and has an attitude. He is talented, but tries to sound like Mick Jagger. It's pathetic.

Thursday Treat
Our department reached and exceeded our monthly goal, so Enchilada A paid for our lunch on Thursday. I am going to take a moment to look a gift horse in the mouth. I appreciate the recognition by Enchilada A as well as the kudos from my boss, but being told we didn't have a choice of where to dine was a sad moment for me. I am not that fond of the food from where we ate, but Enchilada A had promised the place we would get our food from there. No, we didn't pre-order mass quantities which caused them much work. It was lunch for 5. I did have a nice chat with a couple of my team members actually eating OUTSIDE (it was a lovely day!) There was also a picnic Thursday, but I declined for a couple of reasons. I am having a bad attitude and don't want to pretend to be enjoying myself with people I don't want to be with, and I had to get on top of a couple of my projects. It was a good use of my time. I did a bunch of work during the time that would have been picnic time.

Saturday
I met up with Elissa at 8:30am (blowing off WW, because I am bloated, bitter and would rather stuff my face) for breakfast at Penny Cluse (click here for reviews). They had great breakfast fare. Then Elissa and I walked to the farmer's market (open only during the summer, of course). I got some corn, chard and saw red and yellow carrots! Crazy! We strolled around Church Street and then parted ways. I wandered around and found my way to the library (the theater wasn't open yet.) I checked out "Nanny Diaries", which has been a great read. I hope to finish it by the end of the weekend. It's about a woman who nannies for a New York family and the chaos, antics, and behaviors of "ordinary" people. For those of you who have ever babysat, or known nannies, this is a great book. After reading for about an hour, I went to the movies to see "Ladies in Lavender" , Starring Judy Dench and Maggie Smith. They are both great actresses with long theater and film resumés. I wasn't too keen on the movie by seeing the previews, but I ejoyed seeing it. It was much better than I expected. Judy Dench's character was sad to watch. She was an odd little bird. The violin music was played by Joshua Bell, who is an extrememly talented musician. After the movie, I went home and watched "Good Bye, Mr. Chips". It's a delightful story about a teacher. I really think it is such a good story about a man who learns to love and is loved by so many people. I also watched "Love Object", which is a horror movie suggested by a co-worker. I think he is cracked. He insisted I watch it. I hated it. It was a little like Boxing Helena. Ick. I read some more and then joined Stephanie and Carrie at the movies to see "The Brothers Grimm", directed by Terry Gilliam. I really didn't like it. I thought with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger it would be pretty good. Nope. It really lacked some pinache. The special effects were good, and the story concept was good. But it just didn't pan out to be a good film. Sad. I like Terry Gilliam - "12 Monkeys," "The Fisher King," "Brazil" - all pretty good movies. There was a character in this who was not quirkly funny, but quirky obnoxious. The bad French accents were so damn annoying. I give it a thumb's down. What do you think about it? I did have a nice time before the movie with Stephanie and Carrie at the Asian Bistro. We each ordered crab cakes and Stephanie and I had green tea ice cream.

Sunday
Today has been a pretty good day. At church this morning, there was a guy talking about working with people in Jordan and Iraq teaching them English. Though I don't think I would go anywhere near that area, I wouldn't mind going to a foreign country to learn about people and teach English. I have always wanted to go back to Easter Island. Wouldn't that be an amazing place to live? Even if it is just for a litte bit? I really should take Spanish before thinking about traveling anywhere below Texas. :-) After that, I went home and read a little more of the Nanny book before meeting up with Elissa at work. I worked for about 5 hours. Got a bunch of stuff done, but nothing on Client P, which is why I went in. I guess that means all day Monday will be devoted to Client P. I am going to plug myself into the book again and watch some tv.

No comments: