August 21, 2005

Saturday = fun day!



On Saturday, I met up with Stephanie (from Company X) to join her and some friends (Stephanie, Julie, Kelly, Amanda, Scott) to celebrate Amanda's 25th birthday. We took a cruise out on Lake Champlain around a few islands and surveyed the land. It was a lovely time.


We saw no wildlife to speak of except for some gulls, but that was okay. The weather was overcast, but warm. Nice breeze was blowing as we sallied forth. The rock layers are a rare thing in Vermont. Most of the rock around here is from the granite family. (Now, I am sure somebody reading this would be able to identify this rock.) There was some formation that was suppose to look like an Indian Chief head. Now isn't that politically incorrect? Who is to say exactly what an Indian Chief's head looks like? What tribe? Are you assuming it's NORTH AMERICAN Indians?

After the lovely boat cruise, we met up at the Olive Garden where I stuffed myself with breadsticks, salad and shrimp pasta primavera. There were a few more people at dinner. We then lost a few as we headed for the Church Street bar scene. We sat around talking, drinking and laughing. It was a really fun time. I am so glad I went. Stephanie's friends Dan, Scott and Jamieson joined Carrie, Stephanie, Amanda and myself. I had two ciders AND a kamakazi shot. I think that was more alcohol than I have had since I moved here. What a lush!

1 comment:

Emi said...

That is a lot for you!!! Sheesh. You need to get drunk with me.