May 03, 2007

Songs that remind me of way back when...

Recently, I was listening to a song by The Carpenters. If you have no idea who they are, check them out here. Anyhow, the song was "Close To You". It reminded me of a time when I was in high school and I was a girl who was very easily infatuated and sort of "stalked" guys. You know what I am talking about - you find out their class schedule, where they live, what they like to do for fun. Who do they hang out with? How can you be in the area without them really seeing you, but seeing you at the same time?

LGH was my true stalker-lust for my junior and senior years in high school. Though I did stalk-like another, he was in college during those years which didn't afford me much stalking time. Anyhow the song goes on about how the world is entranced with the person that is the center of the singer's affections. Stars, birds, moondust and other chicks stalking the love interest. Nice. That's pretty much what it was about for me too. LGH did have blond hair and blue eyes. My friends knew I had a major crush on him, though I think I denied it many times. I even went as far as to toilet paper his house to show my affection.

Ah, those were the days. Maybe that's what I should do now? All I need is somebody to lust.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm available for part-time stalking. obviously you'll need to not stalk me part of the time .... for your own safety - i wouldn't want you implicated in any crimes. :)

Emi said...

How about stalking a guy online. That's always fun. Hacking into emails, seeing his credit report.....so high tech nowadays!

Mrs. Han Solo said...

Stalking is always an option. I haven't had a good stalking in ages.