February 14, 2005

OMIGAWD - LA1 is off his rocker!

As you know, dear readers, I have a desparate client who is having separation anxiety because I am only working on a tiny portion of his site. I guess after spending two or three months with him on the phone and via email, he is in love with me. As you know, he did ask me to be the mother of his toddler. Nice, huh? But the email I got from him today was...er...flattering?

"...If you want to come visit LA let me know. If you let me take you to dinner it's on me, the ticket that is. You gotta buy dinner. Let me know. Thanks."

Buy me a ticket to LA? Wouldn't that be nice? But I think not. Besides that it would be ethically wrong (client-vendor relationship) he bugs the crap out of me. And then there is the awkward business of if I did go on his dime, what his expectations are. I know I am not alone. Carrie told me that one of her clients in MO invited her out for a visit. I don't know if he has a crush on her like I think LA1 does on me. I do know that he didn't invite her to be a mother to his kid(s). I just don't know how to respond. I think If I do, I will tell him thanks, but no thanks. Ick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your instinct is right on. Stay away, girl.