February 16, 2005

LA1 has professed his love for me

That's right.

"...I'm in love with you, and I haven't ever met you..."

"You are a little dominating, aren't you?" Me - "Not really. Only with certain clients." Him: ha ha ha

I was just so taken off guard by him. Actual phone words. Ewwww. I am not really flattered by it. Disturbed actually. I have been very professional with him. He has told me where he lives (roughly - me being from LA and all), that he has a kid (and why don't I?) and that he wants to fly me to CA to visit him. All of that I can deal with. Fine. I laugh. There are clients who I am a little bossy to, because that's the only way they are going to hear the information. There are also clients who I am sarcastic with. Some who I talk to about the weather, grandkids, movies, football. But this just floors me. I need to figure out the right approach with him.

3 comments:

Writergrrl said...

girl, that is downright creepy, and I think it's time you at least mentioned something to your boss or HR, just so you cover your ass in case anything funky ever happens with this guy. It could get really ugly if he gets mad at you for rejecting his overtures and went to your superiors with a bogus complaint. Stop this thing before it goes any further!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with writergrrl....get yourself down to HR now. It's totally inappropriate...and just damn creepy.

Anonymous said...

I strongly disagree!!! Let him fly you out and see what happens. It'll be FUN!


-Noemi