February 22, 2005

News funny and Silverlake home slide

This morning, I woke up at 5am. Not sure why. I couldn't go to sleep, so I surfed the Internet and started to download Toontown. Toontown is a multi-player game that is sooo much fun. It took the installer about 45 minutes. So far, it has taken the Toontorial over an hour to download. I am hoping that is only because it is the first time to install on my machine. If it takes this long to load in the future, no Toontown for me!

I was watching the Today Show, and Katie Couric had a Brussells location interview with Chris Bartlett, who is a European Counsel for Bush while he is in Europe. Funny thing was, she hadn't started the interview yet, when I channel flipped to ABC, where he was being interviewed by Charlie what's his name, talking away. I flipped back to NBC and Chris was simultaneously talking to Katie. Same topic, different conversation. I was flipping back and forth to see if I could hear him repeat himself. No such luck. I am sure you guys (like Deb) can explain it better how this happens. I assume the in studio reporters are asking pre-screened questions. Or it was tapped back to back. Chris did address both Charlie and Katie by name. I thought that was clever. The magic of TV.

Another interesting thing on the show was about the rain in California. It is almost one of the top five worst rainstorms in recorded history. Wow! And I am missing it all. I think fondly of MagLank Lake. I also have visions of the San Fernando Valley streets flooding. I can't say I miss that. There was a couple (I am sure they are a "couple") from Silverlake who were interviewed by Matt Lauer. Their home slid down the hillside in the middle of the night. They got out okay with their dog. One of the guys, Andy, was living in Santa Monica during the Los Angeles earthquake of the 1990s. His building on the beach collapsed. Poor guy. The 101 Freeway is also closed because of the storms. I am pretty sure it is up in the Ventura-Santa Barbara area where it happened earlier this year. I will check in with Gail and Ma/Pa with that.

Oh - Saturday (I think I forgot to mention this) I talked to my tax guy. This morning I filled out the paperwork I need to send to him. I think I will have it in the mail tomorrow. I am hoping to get any kind of a refund back. I didn't take much out in November and December for being a contractor, so if I owe, that will suck.

I expect I should get ready for work now. It's after 7:30. I think I will be in work by 8, which means I can leave at 5. Yippee!!

No comments: