December 13, 2004

The weekend...snow...Costco

Friday night after work I just went home and did the usual thing - watch TV. Nothing much to write on that one. I am sure, dear readers, it gets so boring hearing that all I do is sit and watch TV. But that is how exciting my life can be. I am sure you are jealous that I am able to poison my mind with such fantastic shows as Nanny 911 and The Biggest Loser.

Saturday
I woke up and went to WW. Nothing too good to report. I was up .6, which in the scheme of things, wasn't too bad. After that adventure, I went to do some errands, which included going to Costco. Costco is a wonderful warehouse filled with all kinds of deals. I was there to window shop and turn in my photo for my big Christmas mailing. If you are interested in getting a fabulous Christmas photo, be sure to mail me. But you will have to do that within the next week (until December 18) so you can get it in time for Christmas. I digress... After Costco and the dollar store, I went to the library to return some videos I rented. By that time, it was raining/sleeting and I went by the office where Carrie was working. She helped me decorate the office in some holiday cheer (garlands and a few lights.) That was fun. I also put peppermint candy canes at everybody's desk. Then we went to dinner at a Carribean restaurant where I ate spicy, warm steak over a bed of greens. Quite tasty. I would go back there, for sure. Then we went to see Ocean's 12. If you liked the first one, you really should see the second one. If you didn't like the first one, that's too bad for you. If you like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Catherine Zeta-Jones, or Julia Roberts, go see it. If you don't, that's too bad for you. I think Brad, Matt and George should do another movie together. Freakin' funny guys. The script was pretty good (even the Julia Roberts as herself part.) Of course there are things I could pick at, but why? It was an enjoyable film. Then I went home and finished watching a video I had borrowed from the library. That was fun. I think I went to sleep around 11:30 (I know these details are important.)

Sunday
Church in the morning. I then went to Costco and picked up my Christmas photos. They look great! Just you wait and see!! When I came back, I found that my landlord had put up rails on the stairs in the front of the apartment. That was really swell of him to do that. It is so much safer now. I need to get a broom for the front stairs, but otherwise we are set in the front of the house for winter. I stayed home all day and all evening watching movies. I saw MASH, not the TV show, but the movie that prompted the TV show. I had forgotten that the now famous opening song had lyrics. It was all about suicide. Funny song, really. The movie was pretty funny. More bawdy than the TV show, of course. It has Elliot Gould and Donald Sutherland, just to name a couple. It was a really lazy day. I addressed envelopes and I phoned a bunch of people and talked to my friend Gail for about an hour+. (We tend to do that.) I really need to get a land line so I can use my computer at home. What to do, what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna a card puh leeze!

I think Matt, George, and Brad should do a drag movie together. Yum!