December 21, 2004

Weekend shopping, movies and celebs and -10

What a busy weekend! Starting out at WW, then I bought supplies for making cookies. Ironic, isn't it? Weight Watchers and cookies CAN go hand in hand. Just because I make them doesn't mean I need to eat them. Of course, I will eat them, but I have tried my best to use some control. After that excitement, I went home and ate lunch (can't eat before the WW meeting.) I waited until about 12:45 whereupon I went to Church St., which as I might have mentioned in another post is similar to 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica, CA. Lots of big shops (Old Navy, Pier One) and lots of small and unique shops particular to either the East or Vermont. I met up with Elissa and we went about our Christmas shopping. I had a few people to buy for still, including a hard-to-shop-for brother and easy peasy dad. Plus I still wanted to get a couple more things for the kids in Cleveland. We had a fairly successful time. The Pier One here is like three types of stores combined. It's got your basic Pier One stuff, then it has all kinds of office crap and kitchen tools. Crazy, huh? We ventured into Borders, which proved to be a successful stop for me. We took a break (since shopping is so hard) at a coffee shop/fufu place for coffee and dessert. That is where the celebrity part of the story comes in. REAL CELEBRITIES!! Okay, they were all of the women from the News 3 (local Burlington CBS tv) team, but still.... I saw that one on tv! Hey! I saw that one too! Too bad I didn't have my camera. It would have made a good photo op for my celebrity cards. Of course only people in Vermont would know who they were, so I guess it is pointless.

I digress... Saturday's shopping took all afternoon. By 6pm, Elissa was beat and I was getting there. She left and I did a little more shopping before heading home to watch my Netflix movies. I then addressed more Christmas cards, wrapped and boxed up some presents, AND made a batch of cookies. I think I went to bed around midnight. Oh yeah, I did. I watched a bit of Saturday Night Live with Robert DeNiro. It wasn't that good. I do have to say that DeNiro has improved in his improv. He's a good actor, so I wasn't suprised. Perhaps one of these days I will go see SNL in person.

Sunday - I went to church and then went to the movies.... I saw Finding Neverland, starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. A truly dreamy movie couple for me. I think Oscar will be calling Mr. Depp in February. Academy members like period pieces and Johnny was nominated before. Anyhoo, after that I went home and continued baking cookies and watching my Netflix movies. It was a really calm and peaceful weekend.

Monday - Work was going well until I had to talk to the SoCal client. He is a little challenging. I spoke with CL our sales rep and the client about changes he wants to his site. Being a good car salesman, he is rather pushy and insistant. He also has a problem listening. And I think he likes to hear himself speak. We all go through phases of that, but I think it is permanent for him. It was draining. We have lots of work to do on his site and he can't understand why, during the 20 times a day he checks the site, he doesn't see much progress. I think he wishes there was a magic wand that would make it all better. I finally went home at around 9pm. It's nice and quiet at that time of night, plus I don't have anything else going on, so why not? Working late helps me with the 5:30-8pm what-do-I-do-now void I tend to feel each night. I really think I need to start swimming at the YMCA. I was going to go today after work to use the free pass, but I think I might do it tomorrow.

BTW - The weather has been in the -10s for the last two nights. Nippy, to say the least. Thankfully I have a nice, warm apartment and clothing.


No comments: