December 14, 2004

Snow, trash tv, burnt steak and Jake the dog

Snow. Lots of snow. There was snow on my way home. It was lovely. I could watch the snow outside my window at work for hours. Okay, maybe not hours, but deffinately minutes at a time.

When I got home, I had mail from my PO box (thanks to Doug) which was really exciting. I also got my second Xmas card of the season (thanks Stephanie A. ) I turned on my Christmas lights and lava lamp in my bedroom and the little Christmas tree with lights in my livingroom. It was so cosy. Then I popped a steak into the broiler. It took a really long time for it to cook. Sheesh! I think that electric ovens are just slower heating than gas. The juice burned and almost set off the smoke detector. I had to open the kitchen window to let out the smoke (it was a chipper 30-35 degrees outside.) After that ordeal, I settled into dinner by the tv. Yes, more reality tv. It is Monday night, which means it is Fox's Wife Swapping show. (Switch wives for a week.) It was part two of last week's episode. After that, I watched a DVD from Netflix. I went to bed somewhere around 11pm, but was having a hard time sleeping. Then, at about 12:30 am, I heard the recycle bin outside being kicked over and people laughing. I took a peek outside and saw that the trash was all over the driveway. I got dressed and went outside to pick it all up. It was so strange being outside that late at night. The earth was very still. There was lots of light from the street lights reflecting the snow. There was about 4-5 inches of soft, powdery snow all over. It was really beautiful, but felt strange. The only sounds I heard were my own footsteps crunching on the snow and my breathing. I could have sat out there for a long time, but after I cleaned up the trash, I thought I should go to bed.

Wick, one of the tech guys, brought in his dog Jake today. Jake is so sweet an adorable. He is a really mellow dog, which I really like. Again, it made me think about my kitties. Too bad I can't bring in my cats to an office. That would be so cool!

No comments: