December 06, 2004

TV, movies, life changes and the weekend...

This past week has been rather eventful. There was sad news, and good news. The sad news is that a friend from my church in California died last Sunday. What's interesting, is that he (Terry) died whist at church! He had just finished playing a set (he played drums) and went to sit down. Died right there. That would be a good place to die in, I think. I am not sure what the cause was. Another sad news is that a friend of mine from an old job is splitting with his wife. They have a child together, which adds to the sadness. Not sure what that is about either, but it's between them. I just hope they can work things out or at least be kind to each other over their child.

Good news - this seems so shallow after that, but I am finally getting my new bed. I should get it Tuesday morning. I am really excited about it.

Saturday I went to my W2 meeting and met a nice, old lady named Kay. She and her husband are going to Florida for a month, so I won't be seeing her until January. Then, I went to the library and got some videos. When I got back, Charlotte and I went down the street where there was a co-op craft fair. There was pottery, scarves, hats, jewelry, handmade boxes. Most of it was over my budget, but it was nice to see. Then I did some errands and watched some of the videos. I took a break from my tv fest to go to the Teddy Bear Factory. Yes, I took pictures. Yes, I will post them. I know you are eager to see them. The tour was about 15 minutes long. I even made my own bear. His name is Elwood P. Dowd, after the Jimmy Stewart character in Harvey. If any of you ever want to go to the factory with me, it is a fun easy thing to do. That night, I went to see Alexander, starring Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie. It had lots of fighting, bad dialogue (shame on you Oliver Stone), some historical basis, and some lovely looking men and women. I can't say that I would reccommend it to anybody. If you are a big fan of the two stars, I would say go see it, but seeing as you are already a big fan, you've probably seen it a dozen times already.

Sunday after church, I went Christmas shopping and took a nap. A perfect afternoon! I watched more tv (becoming quite the PBS addict) and made a lovely dinner with a ham I got from Schwann's. The Schwann guy might be coming tonight for another order. I don't know if I will be around, but perhaps next time. I think I am good for now with the food.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I would like to find out about going up to Montreal this next weekend on the bus. That would be a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about the homo scenes? Everybody is making such a stink about the homo scenes!