July 18, 2005

Part 3 Sunday - picnic and the longest day ever...

Sunday

I slept in as there wasn't time for me to go to church with Mom AND meet the girls for the picnic. I went to Trader Joe's for picnic supplies and yummies. Then I met up with Kerry and Stephanie at Kerry's house. We drove over to the park where the reunion was at. Liz and Michelle unfortuneatly, were at the Emergency Room because Liz was having pains in her chest. There were about 15 families there. Small turnout, but we had a great time though we wished Liz and Michelle could have joined us. Funny seeing some of the peoples' kids. One woman was quite the diva and had a mini-me diva daughter. Another was a bit of a brute in school who's child was just like his daddy. ha! Matt showed up and I thought for a second he would come over to continue his professions of love. However, he was there long enough to get photos with a couple of blonde bimbets and leave. So much for true love. Maybe he was shy? ha ha ha We were at the park until about 3 or 4. I had to finish packing and head to LA for my 9:55 flight.

When I got home, I was able to pursuade Mom to go with me to the beach in the convertible. It was gorgeous there. I miss the beach and ocean almost as much as I miss my friends and family. I couldn't stay long as I really needed to hit the road. I said my goodbyes to Kim and Mom and headed for LAX. I got the rental car returned just before 8pm, as my contract had required. I took a shuttle to the Continental wing of the airport. When I checked in my bags, I headed toward the gate. I double checked the gate on the monitor and saw that the flight time had changed to 12:10am! Great. Sitting in the airport for another two hours. I ended up having a really great time talking with a woman who just finished cooking school and was on the way to help her ill mother. I also read a bit. We finally took off for Newark, NJ at 1:30am. I didn't sleep much on the plane. I was thankful that the seat next to me was unoccupied and the woman on the other side slept the whole time. I read, listened to CDs and snoozed. We got into Newark after 9am, and I missed my connecting flight. The earliest flight out they had was at 1:30. I sat around, walked around, snoozed and was downright bored at the Newark airport for the next threeish hours. FINALLY... I got to Burlington. I showered and managed to get into the office at around 3:30. I stayed at work until 6ish and went home to relax. I don't think I really got to bed until 11, and it was a really, really long day. It took me about three days to recover.

No comments: