July 05, 2005

I'm a Vermonter (sort of) and Happy 4th of July!

THURSDAY

It was time for the Company X picnic. We went to a lovely park near the waterfront. There was a pavillion where we set up shop. There was lots of food and about 35 people. Pretty good turnout. I took a short stroll with a few people down to the water. It was really lovely, inspite of the mosquitos. I think I will go there again. It's so close to the office. It might become a regular spot for me. Who knows. It was lots of fun. I am glad there was a good turn out.

FRIDAY
Greg K. and I both had business to do at the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles so we left work a little early to take care of business. Everything went really smoothly. I had a sinus headache and my back ached. I think it was from all the excitemtent. I am now the proud holder of a Vermont Driver's License. It is an exciting time in my life. Though I wish I had my CA driver's license, it was time to move on. I wonder if I can still get the same number should I return to CA? Hmmm... Anyhooo, it makes me feel better about traveling to CA now. No problems. In the evening, I hooked up with Mike D, Greg A, Tara and Greg K and we went to dinner and then back to GA's house to hang out. It was really fun. It was nice to get out for a change.

SATURDAY
I ditched WW. I have gained weight and just didn't feel like going. I should go next week when I am in CA. That would be good for me. We shall see. I have run out of enthusiasm for weight loss. At the same time, I don't want to have to buy fatter clothes because I have given up the fight. That won't happen. I still have the damnn gym membership that I am not using. Maybe I will use it this week. I worked on one of my screenplays and watched DVDs. I stopped in the office and worked for a couple of hours. It was a very mellow day. I think I only left the house to get gas and see "Bewitched". I thought it was entertaining. No "Sleepless in Seattle", but I enjoyed it. I thought Kristin Chenoworth who played the neighbor was great. I would love to see her do more film. I am sure she was cast in this because of her recent stint as Glinda in "Wicked" on Broadway.

SUNDAY
I slept in again and didn't do much beyond cleaning and laundry. In the afternoon, I met up with Elissa and went to Mallet's Bay. Really lovely. Picture coming soon. She had editing to do and I had the script to rework. We were there for a few hours and picked up again at her house in the evening where I played games and BBQd with them and their friend Mark. We had so much fun playing Uno.

MONDAY - HAPPY 4th of July!!!!

Today was more lounging and writing. I finally finished revising my short script. Who knew it would take so long to add just a few more pages? I think it is going in a better direction now. I might even expand it. I need to work on something else for a bit to take a break from It's Jackie. I went to Elissa and Rocky's and we walked Bower. Then we went to Mark's where we ate pizza, played Scrabble and watched fireworks. They did a nice job (yes, I promise more pictures....) All in all, it was a swell day. I have to point out that the gang wasn't that keen on "ooohing, ahhing and ohing," when the fireworks exploded. It is a Californian tradition. I think they thought I was nuts. How can you NOT cheer the fireworks? Sheesh!!

1 comment:

Emi said...

Happy 4th, K-Town! I love the new design except you still need to add my blog to your list :) http://scourtheworld.blogspot.com