July 07, 2005

Coming to California, haircuts, London and annoying customers

Last night I spent about two hours resizing and printing out a few pictures to bring to CA. It includes Mallet's Bay (my new favorite place) and my dress-wearing man neighbor (maybe a transvestite, maybe a Vietnam Vet, maybe both?) I would post them, but I don't have time. I am so excited about going back to CA. The class reunion will be a trip. I am excited to see my high school friends: Liz, Kerry, Dianne, Stephanie, Michelle and Heather. I am also looking forward to seeing how people have changed and if Guy Jeans still looks hot. There are a few others that I really am not that excited to see as they bring back all kinds of bad high school flashbacks. But I will fully report the activities.

Today I went to get my haircut at the school where Meg recently graduated from. Though Melissa (who did my hair before) wasn't there, I went ahead with Emily. She didn't have the same pinache that Melissa has, and I need to spend some time working the hair around, but for the price, it was fine. $15. I then went over to the AAA office and rented a car for CA. CONVERTIBLE! I totally rationalized the price. It would cost about $40 less if I took a shuttle. But taking a shuttle requires more energy. Renting a car = freedom. Plus, it IS California and it IS a convertible. I am thrilled to have it. I went to a great Mexican food place that I had been meaning to try for ages. I took a burrito to go and ate it at work. It was SOOO good. I will have to go back. What a goldmine that would be. While I was there, there was a pecuilar woman who was having issues with her food. Maybe she has OCD. Maybe she's just a freak. Not to say that those with OCD are freaks. But here's the thing. She had a plate of three items - black beans, pinto beans and dirty rice. She goes up to the counter and asks the guy for bowls for the beans. "You use to have bowls for the beans. Why don't you do that anymore?" The guy tells her they can do the beans in bowls. "Well, I guess that may not be YOUR way of doing things, but that's the way it's always been..." I ask you, WHO CARES if the beans are in bowls or not? They are all going down the same shoot and pooping out the same shoot. It's not like the flavor of any item will dramatically change if they touch, YOU FREAK.

That's all I really had to say.

No comments: