June 07, 2005

Mrs. Brown, where the hell are you? Balloons and movies

Friday I worked later than planned. I can't even remember what I did Friday night. THAT's how exciting it was and how sad my memory is. I think I need to take St. John's Wort. But I would probably forget to take it. ha ha ha. Aye, the rub!

SATURDAY
I went to WW and lost 2 of the 4 lbs I gained the week before. Yippee. I went to Costco and bought talapia and pita chips. Yeah, I am a huge spender there! I did a few errands before meeting up with Carrie for the Chittendon County Hot Air Balloon Festival. I even got a FAN!! It's one of those window fans. It works pretty well. I am so excited to have air flowing into my apartment. The festival included tasty fried bread (kinda like funnel cake, but not quite as yummy), dog tricks, various county and city vendors, and... Herman's Hermits!!! Yes, that famous 60's British pop band who's big hits included "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" and "Henry the 8th I am". Peter Noonan sang a bunch of covers from other 60s bands including doing an impression of Mick Jagger. (I am rolling my eyes.) But I am getting ahead of myself. We saw a fabulous balloon festival. Lots of lovely hot air balloons launched (photos to come.) It was really a swell show. I really want to take a balloon ride now. But it costs $180ish. Sheesh! We had a great time.

SUNDAY
I slept in and when I got my day going, I decided to walk to the movie theater downtown. (How quaint... walking to the movie theater downtown...) Anyhoo, I wandered around Church Street for a bit before the movie. I ended up seeing Layer Cake. No, it's not a baking documentary or really about relationships. It's about the layers of shit in ones world. The main guy doesn't have a name. I thought that was kind of cool. A "business man" who sells coccaine is trying to retire. But nope. He's stuck in for another job. There were nice turns and twists to the story. A little violent, but heck, you are talking about the underbelly of society. There is bound to be some violence there. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Then I walked home. I managed to snap a photo of my crazy, dress wearing man neighbor (coming soon to this site.) Hilarious. Yes, I am spying on my neighbors. I really need to get a life. Sheesh! I watched tv, dvds and did my dishes. An all around peaceful weekend.

MONDAY
I come into the office and am thrown into being project manager on a hunkin' big project. A client with 30 "accounts" if you will. Sheesh! I am honored that I was requested. for the task. That's pretty cool. So much to do though. I have a great bunch of people helping me out. It's going to be a long few weeks with lots for everybody to do. I checked with Rick and asked if the tech team members were now my "bitches". He said "yes," so LEMME AT 'EM!! I kid, I kid. there are some very talented people at my company and they aren't going to be my "bitches". (What am I calling this place this week?I don't know. How about COMPANY X. Nice and mysterious.) But it was suggested to me that I come into work with dominatrix boots and a whip. I think not. At least, not this week. Maybe if things are getting out of hand. ha ha ha!

No comments: