June 27, 2005

Cats, psychics and food

So, I am now resolved about the cats. I talked to Stacie earlier in the week and officially verbally handed them over. I will look into getting a cat when I come back from CA in a few weeks.

Saturday, after gaining (again) at WW, I went to work for a few hours. Things went better as some of the projects are now off my plate and I have just a few to focus on. I KNOW my time management sucks. It's been a problem my whole life. I kid myself in thinking I have good time management and can multi-task. I can multi-task when it is a few things, but many things I am not so good at multi-tasking on. Anyhooo, that's a problem. So, Saturday I was able to see where I was at with my projects which was really helpful. Then Elissa and I went to the Chew Chew Festival (for you SoCal people it's like "A taste of Encino". There were a bunch of booths with food. You buy tokens to try the food. We had a bunch of different things and also got five minute psychic readings. To sum up what the psychic told me, she said that I like to entertain, I am exhausted and am getting married. Well, she's right on two of three. I guess the marriage thing is still down the road, so we shall see what's up there.

Sunday morning I was watching CBS this morning and they were talking about how people don't take weekends to relax anymore and we are so work focused. And at church, they talked about depression. Both are very fitting to what's going on right now. So I decided to not be a work aholic this weekend and took Sunday off. Carrie and I went to lunch then shopping. It was pretty fun. She was a good sport for trying on a bunch of things that normally she wouldn't try on.

Monday is Switchfoot. I am really looking forward to hearing them. Should be a good show.

No comments: