June 10, 2005

Long ass week... here we are Saturday

That's right. It's been a long ass week. And what do have to show for it?

The week started out like any other - clients, folders, phones.... But there was an addition. I was the recipient of Client D. Client D has a whole bunch of "stores" that we are building sites for. It is a huge thing for my company (CompanyX). They are one of the golden clients that every company like ours hopes to get because it can mean big money and recognition. So the pressure is on. Thankfully I work with talented people who can help me help the client. It is a monsterous task and unfortuneately other clients were neglected. Then there is Client BB, who calls me daily about this thing or that. Sheesh! Give me a break, dude. You are not the only one on my planet. There are others that need my attention. Anyhoo, it was a super busy week. I think between Monday and by the end of the weekend (I will include Sunday for the drama of it all) I will have worked about 70 hours. I haven't done that in ages. I ain't got nuthin' else going on, which is a whole sad story in and of itself. So why not work on Client D? It keeps the project on schedule and what else am I going to do? There are a bunch of outdoorsy things I would like to do, but I am a baby and don't want to do them alone.

This brings me to friends, or lack thereof in Vermont. People here seem to be pretty set in their ways and with their friends. As my current social circle is limited to work people (not that there is anything wrong with that), I really need to change that if I want more friends. (How many friends does a girl need? Well, one can never have enough friends. The friends will vary from those you share your innermost thoughts with to those who you can have good debates with to those who are only good for a movie.) I looked at classes for the summer, and there weren't any that really interested me. But I just picked up the fall schedule for the community college here, and believe me friends, there are a few nice options. What I really need is a boyfriend, but that isn't something you really want me to be writing about is it? I suppose when I get one here, he will be subject to the blog. ha ha ha Sigh.

Two bright moments of the week included going out to dinner with a couple of the people from work on Thursday night and stuff on Saturday. Thursday, we went to a Mexican restaurant near the waterfront. We had some pretty good conversations about athletics (triathlons, marathons, etc...), music and bears. The other highlight was hanging out with Elissa, Rocky and Greg K. downtown at the Jazz Festival on Friday. We saw Grace Potter, who is a really talented bluesy singer. I even bought her cd, I liked her so much. We went to the Daily Planet for dinner, which was fun and rather tasty.

Today I went to WW and gained a pound. That sort of thing happens when you don't follow the program and you induldge in dessert and alcohol. No, I didn't get drunk. I then went to the office and worked until 5pm. Carrie and I headed over to the Majestic where we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, starring the hottest on-screen couple, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. It was funny, full of action and very entertaining. Though there wasn't as much of Bradflesh as I would have liked, there were no sex scenes, so bring the kids. Who cares about the violence? You don't see much blood at all. Just bodies and destruction. Very mild for these cinematic days. I really liked it. We went with Stephanie from work and her friend, Amanda. Then we went to dinner at an Italian restaurant next door to the theater. I had a good time.

Coming into this apartment, it is hotter than a monkeys balls in hell. AND humid. I wonder if I can find a dehumidifier/ac? Probably online. I must search for it. Tomorrow, Carrie is going to church with me. Then I will be back in the office for a bit.

Today I worked until about 6:30. I got in about 5 hours. I feel like I made some great progress and reached the goal I had set.

No comments: