June 13, 2005

Hotter 'n a you know what.... and is it Friday yet?

Last night was horribly hot. I had the fan on full, but think I need a dehumidifier and/or AC. Dry heat, I got use to in CA. This humid crap is awful. Things I don't like about humidity:
  • It's hot
  • It's wet
  • When you have skin that touches other skin (bending knees, bent elbows, whatever), it gets sweaty and gross. Look, I know it happens to you too. Don't deny it.
  • Moisture between your toes (I just threw this one in for grossness. I am just assuming. I hadn't really checked...)
  • Moisture between your ear and the phone you are talking on.
  • Moisture when you touch anything
  • Moisture when you are sitting/laying/sleeping
  • Hair won't stay in hair-sprayed shape
  • Hot
  • Too much chewable air

Things I like about humidity:

  • Hair gets into the natural curl groove
  • Skin is soft and hydrated
  • Air conditioned offices

Last night while I was trying to not sweat and be uncomfortable, I was very tired, not hungry and almost delirious. I had a little dehydration going on, plus too much heat, plus the ickys from something I ate. It spelled = unhappy Mrs. Han Solo

Today I was thankfully in an air conditioned office. I love it. I don't care if the air conditioning is really bad for the planet. My selfish needs are more important than the planet in that regard, at least today. It was a busy monday. I spent the morning catching up on the non Client D clients, and then spent a good bit of time with Client D. Then, I spent about two hours talking with Client BBMH who just didn't seem to get things. It drove me crazy. I couldn't get him off the phone. I was trying to get out at a reasonable time tonight since I did come in at 8:30. But NO. It was another 11 hour day. Tomorrow I am taking lunch and leaving on time. Final answer.

No comments: