January 05, 2007

Things I appreciate

Well, though today I am feeling depressed, I feel (thanks, Pipa) that I should list some things I am thankful for and appreciate. I don't know if it's the Gemini in me or the psycho in me, but I can be very split on the feelings. I can tuck away the depression and pull out a happy exterior when needed. Anyhow, here's a list. Not complete list, because there are really so many things I am thankful for. And please don't feel left out if you weren't mentioned by name. I am thankful for you and you are included on this list somewhere. This list is not in any particular order, just bursts from my brain.
  • freedom
  • my faith
  • trees
  • Joe, Patrick, Mikey (and their parents)
  • Kenna Raye (and her parents)
  • Kyan (and his parents)
  • my parents
  • my brother and sister
  • the funny things my cats do
  • Wiloughby
  • the ability to speak
  • the ability to hear
  • the ability to walk
  • sleep
  • flowers
  • transportation
  • a warm apartment
  • food to eat anytime I want it
  • paintings, sculptures
  • museums and libraries
  • teachers and education
  • voting
  • Wicked - the original Broadway soundtrack
  • U2
  • music (too many to name)
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Star Wars - Episodes IV, V (and sometimes VI)
  • American Idiot
  • Jimmy Carter
  • COV
  • North Ave
  • dreams
  • hopes
  • smiles
  • laughter *especially from kids*
  • board games
  • movies
  • use of my hands
  • use of my mind
  • braces for my teeth
  • my health
  • friends and others who read my blog
  • friends who don't read my blog
  • friends in Vermont (can't name you all)
  • friends throughout the USA (especially in Texas and SoCal)
  • friend in New Zealand
  • friends who let me complain and laugh with them
  • friends who accept me and my crazy ways
  • nature
  • generousity
  • humbleness
  • books
  • choices
  • clean drinking water
  • Alex, Doug and the other Chapmanites
  • waking up in a country where I can say disparaging things about the government and not be executed
  • freedom to travel
  • chewing gum
  • sliced bread
  • pizza
  • burritos
  • dancing with Mario and friends (no, not Mario Lopez)

4 comments:

wehotom said...

It's okay that you didn't mention me. "And I never hung up on you!"

[click.]

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo! I made the list!

Unknown said...

oh mario, you dance devinely!

Mrs. Han Solo said...

Wehotom - Didn't you see that I mentioned friends in several places? Due to your anonymity, I can't reveal your Super Hero identity so I couldn't outright say thanks to you specifically. But thanks for being you!

And I loves the mario dance party, even though I suck.