January 04, 2007

Dreaming of other places...

Last night I worked at the g-store until 11:30. It went well, though I don't know if I enjoy being a CSR (Customer Service Representative aka Supervisor) all that much. Too much for my little brain to keep on top of (breaks, customers, problems with machines, clean up and chores). But everything went pretty well. I was able to get people out on time and there weren't many customers left in the store by the end. I have to work tonight too. We shall see how it goes.

So, I get home and am up until 2am. It takes me a few hours to unwind. I also caught up on what was happening in my friend Gail's life. She moved this past week to Austin from LA. I think it will be a great place for her. I can't wait to visit her there! We talked about our love lives (or lack thereof) and I filled her in on the Company X holiday party (still to blog about). I got to sleep pretty quickly after the clock struck 2.

There are only a few things I remember about my dream. I was with Gail and we were in LA to go to a concert. But I couldn't make it to the concert because I was sidetracked by a guy. This guy was somebody I knew in real life (but you know how dreams skew things with reality) and I "knew" that (I guess?) He didn't want me to go to the concert. He wanted to show me around town and whenever we had a moment away from the crowd, he and I would have a makeout session. Then we would go back with the crowd (friends of his apparently) and walk around a part of LA that was a little like 3rd Street Promenade and a art fair. It went on for blocks. I periodically would run away to find Gail to tell her I was still trying to get away. I kept giving her excuses for not coming to the show. She didn't seem to be too mad about it. She eventually figured out that it was because of a guy. I don't remember much other than that, but it was a fun dream to have. Now if I could just find that guy in the real world....

2 comments:

Emi said...

I hear ya, sister! BE PATIENT...I'm telling myself this as well.

Mrs. Han Solo said...

I have a hard time with patience, but you are right.