April 24, 2006

Detox or How to Stop the Madness

After a a few long weeks of anger, frustration and exhaustion, I had an epiphony. You might say it was from beyond my realm, as I tend to fixate and wallow in self pity from time to time and my moments of introspection have been mostly about beating myself up lately. Higher power, God, whatever you want to call it - it was a bit of an intervention. Friday, I started to think about the Master Cleanser program I did several years ago at another company. At Company Tuburculosis, there was a guy named Skipper who did this detox with me (something I had learned about from a roomate.) We did it for two weeks. It was great. The first three days, I wanted to gnaw off my arm, I was so hungry. But then, I was on cruise control for the rest of the time. I lost weight, had lots of energy and felt like I was having a fresh start.

So late last week, the thought of doing it again came to me. Why not do it while working on Client Flintstone? Detox from Client Flintstone in their last week with me? It's not going to hurt me. Besides the physical cleansing, it also has a mental and spiritual cleansing to it. Whatever your demons are. One of mine is Client Flintstone. So I bought lemons at Costco and started the detox yesterday. So far, so good, though this morning I did cheat and had a peptobismal and tylenol (nausea and sinus headache not related to the detox, or was it?) S'all good now. I plan on doing this for about a week.

Daily diet:
2 tbl lemon juice
2 tbl maple syrup (pure grade A or B)
1/10 tsp Cayenne pepper
spring water- drinking 5-10 servings of that concoction a day
herbal tea/herbal laxative (important to flush everything out)

That's it. Funny thing too is, I just read about celebs doing this SAME thing in Star magazine. ha ha. Even Brad Pitt does it!

Today is Day 2 and I have to say it's going quite well. Sure, Rep N is avoiding my calls and chooses to communicate with me via email only. Sure, the project feels like it is going to hell. But I am not feeling stomach-hungry. I want to eat, but that's the stress and bad habit talking. I even spied some pretzels in the kitchen a little while ago, and thought about taking just one. The Evil Kdar can be so tricky! Sporty Girl said "NO WAY! Evil Kdar - be gone!" And I left the kitchen without a look back. I don't really like drinking the concoction, but it's not as bad tasting if it's chilled. I am sure I am destroying some of the value of it by chilling it, but the cayenne pepper is nasty!

No comments: